ENGLISH..ENGLISH

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

How to improve my english? A question that I always ask myself and the answer not easy to be done. Why? Well,I admit I'm quiet lazy. However, this is some way to improve my english that I'm doing and will be doing.
Firstly my writing, I'm very weak in Grammar and sentence structure so in order to improve it, I read many articles and try to identify their sentence structure.For Grammar, I make an exercise in 'Vision of Grammar' but I'm still not finish yet. This is the basic to write. The other method is wide my vocabulary. I hope I can memorise at least 5 new words and make some sentences from them.
Next, reading. Besides from read a lot, I learn speed reading as in examination the time to answer is short. At first, it quiet difficult because it difference from normal reading but after try several times I found it is easy. The question in reading for IELTS for me is the hard one so when answer the question I apply critical thinking. Actually, I do not understand about critical thinking but I assume it is when we try to think hardly and think out of the box. I hope it is true.
Then, my listening. The problems that I noticed are the essence and some unfamiliar words. I can understand when the speaker is Malaysian but when it foreigner it vice versa. Listen to english song,and watch english movie are the method I use. Entertainment and the same time learning. I also watch BBC TV even I just understand some word. When I watch malay drama or movie, I read the subtitles as it can wide my vocabulary. IDEA website that miss Eliza suggest to my class is very helpful in understand some essence. Well, it really different in every country and places and I hope I can get well with it.
Lastly, speaking. I always speak to myself and I use english but when it comes to have conversation in English I cannot speak it out. Self-confident is what I lack right now. I try to speak confidently with other people. Another method is record my talk about the choosen topic. I had done it once and I will do it again after this.
All this method I had try and will try. I hope after this I can write well, understand English article and conversation also speak English fluently. Wish me goodluck