WHY ENGINEERING??

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Yesterday,my friend,Joseph ask me, why I choose engineering? I told him that this field challenging. That question really bother me so I decide to write in my blog.

Why engineering? Actually, I have no interest in circuit, semiconductor, power and whatever related to electric. I got an excellent result in PMR so I expect to see myself into SBP or MRSM. Unfortunately, there are no offer from them and its frustrating. The only offer from SM TEKNIK 1 KUANTAN in Electrical & Electronic study. I said to myself, maybe I can give a try because I never thought to be engineer. 2 years in SMTK gave me a lot of joy and slowly I fall in love with electrical. Electerical is a very abstract subject, something that you cannot see but worth to believe. I like mathematic and in Electrical we do many calculation.

What is my ambition? Answer,I dont have any. However, I'm fond of the hospitality industry especially in hotel-Room Services department. I like to do room decoration. Not only that, provide a perfect room and see guests happy face is a great feeling. As someone who has no ambition, my goal is to do my very best in any sector I choose. Lets wish I will be an excellent engineer and do many contribution for MALAYSIA.

After SPM, I got 2 offer, from MOE (Math in UK) and FELDA (Engineerg in Aussie). I love Math but I dont want become a teacher. Why? Because of cheap salary and risky. As a teacher, you are not only do teaching things but you need educate student about life and value. I'm afraid I do it wrongly and give negative impact to my students. Engineering also risky but you can gain a lot of money with the high salary. People may think I'm materialistik but frankly speaking I'm sick of having financial problem. I want to have a better life for my family and I our next generation have a proper life and better education. Sometimes, I imagine myself driving elegant car, wearing beautiful dress, and have a nice, stylo house. I can take my mother wherever she wants and fulfill any dream she has. Money is not everything so I will make sure not to become arrogance and forget my responsibility to my people and of course to ALLAH